Saturday, February 26, 2022

Temple Trip

 

We had a reservation to do baptisms this morning at the City Center Temple. We had space for eight people to be baptized, but sadly, couldn't round up a sufficient number of people to fill our quota. We went anyway, taking Elizabeth and Zach Stovall along with us. 

It was wonderful to be there and to have everyone involved. Zach baptized Elizabeth then was baptized by Kent. It was the first chance Brandt had to baptize anyone, having only been made a priest in January, but he baptized both Kent and me. He baptized Kent first. He got the arm to the square part and the prayer just fine, but the first time he dipped Kent, he didn't put his hand on his back and help him back up. He just dunked Kent and left him there in the water. The kind temple worker gave him a bit more instruction and he continued. When Brandt had finished baptizing Kent, Kent baptized Brandt and then Brandt baptized me.

Immense joy fills my heart when I see the children growing spiritually. To be with Brandt in the temple, to be baptized by him and see him baptizing Kent, brought me to tears. I love being in the temple and I especially love being there with my children. I missed Blythe and wished so much she had chosen to join us. I am grateful for the peace that fills my heart when I am in God's house.



No comments:

Post a Comment