Friday, March 12, 2021

Murder Mystery Dinner

Mikayla wanted to have an adult-only Murder Mystery Dinner for her birthday, but we only got around to doing it this evening. We were each given a character description and had to come costumed and in character. I was Simone Quatella, a famous chef and Kent was Louis Armsweak, a jazz musician. His description was "Louis is a top performer on Bourbon Street. He is never seen without a brass instrument (Kent brought Brandt's trombone), his bowtie, and the large handkerchief in his shirt pocket." My description was "Quite the expert in French cuisine, Simone proudly dons her chef hat and apron, to let everyone know of her accomplished skills. She always carries a little tea towel on her arm." 

We put together a delicious meal with a charcuterie board, tri-tip, salad, asparagus, and chocolate pavlova for dessert. We introduced ourselves, had a course, read some more of the mystery and formed ideas, had our main course, read some more, had dessert, and revealed the murderer. 

So whodunit?

It was me. I was angry with the victim who had not given me money I felt I deserved. I feigned innocence, blamed others, tried not to look guilty. In the end, I couldn’t convince anyone (including myself) I wasn’t the murderer. It was great fun, silly dressing up, nice to be together, good to talk.




Simone Quatella and Louis Armsweak



Mia Cheri (exotic dancer), Rufus Reme (plumber), Dooley "The Dealer" Slicke (gambler),
Selma Page (reporter), Alligator Dundee (swamp hunter), Louis Armsweak,
Mama Carriba (fortune-teller), Simone Quatella, Grace Fulle (debutante), and Beau Monde (playboy)

No comments:

Post a Comment