Friday, May 26, 2017

Last Day of School

Amazingly, school is over today.  The last day.  180 days have passed and summer begins.  We are ready, and not ready at the same time.  Brandt told me he was sad and glad, and Blythe said she wished that Mrs. Miller could be her teacher again next year.  It's been a good year for both Brandt and Blythe, and we feel like they have made great strides in their studies.  We will miss the structure that school brings, but will enjoy the freedom of summer.

Halls filled with nothing but stacked desks.

Blythe and Mrs. Miller
When I asked her what the best parts of third grade were, Blythe said,
"I liked the stores and how when we were good the teacher would give us little privileges like sitting by our friends.  My teacher was very kind and patient.  Mostly everything."
I think she was distracted when I asked.  
Happily, Blythe did like school.

Brandt and Ms. Cooper
When I asked him what the best parts of fifth grade were, Brandt said,
"Colonial store and Colonial Day.  Basically all of it."  When I probed for more he said, 
"My teacher.  She was kind.  Point parties. Being a lunch worker. Recess.  Lunch.
Math, social studies, science."
Yep. He's spent nine months in fifth grade and he can't think about what he liked best.
Distracted.  But he liked school, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment