Saturday, February 4, 2017

Ladies Day

It was Ladies Day again at Sundance, and I really wanted to ski again.  I sent around an email to women in the ward who had skied last month and might want to go again, but I got only one taker, my good friend Linda Pugmire.  I had also invited a new-old friend, Nancy Haight, to come, too, so the three of us went.  Nancy and I were on study abroad together nearly 30 years ago, in 1989, and in the fall met up again in Andrea Blad's spin class.  I didn't recognize her until she came up to me and said hello.  She recognized my voice, which was funny because it's been years since we've seen each other.  She has moved to Utah from California and happened to come to spin, so we reconnected.

It was a beautiful day, really too warm for cross-country skiing.  The snow was very soft and difficult to ski in.  I was wearing only two layers--a shirt and my jacket--and I had to take my jacket off because it was so warm.  Linda and I took an intermediate classic course, and I was super pleased with our instructor.  She was really good and I felt like my skiing improved.  When we were done, we met up with Nancy who had taken an introductory class, and we a bit more skiing.  It was really a magnificently beautiful day and I was happy to be out enjoying winter sport.  I think I'll go again!

Linda, me, Nancy
No coats!

No comments:

Post a Comment