Friday, October 14, 2016

Jaker's Pumpkin Patch--Field Trip Friday #71

It's Field Trip Friday.  At the beginning of the year I worried that I was spoiling my children and wasn't sure we should be doing FTF.  Turns out, we've hardly had any so far.  Things crop up, the kids have other activities, and we just haven't been as faithful as we were last year.  

Oh well.

Today Blythe had book group (a group of about seven little girls in the neighborhood who read something and then get together and do activities that go along with the book), but I wanted to do something with Brandt.  It is October, month of the pumpkin, so in the company of Paul Moreland, Guy, Mikayla, Brick and Cora, and Eugene and Sharae and their crew, we went to Jaker's Pumpkin Patch in Springville.  Best $2 you can spend.  The kids climbed on hay, went through small and large corn mazes, went down slides, we all played in the giant corn pit, and had a hay ride through the corn field.  It was overcast but not cold, there was lots to do, and it felt October-y.  So fun to play on a Friday!


 

 




I tried to get a picture of the children all together in the corn.
I took six pictures.
This is the best it got.






Paul and others are filling Brandt's shirt with corn.





My chubby bunny.










Pumpkin patch with blackbirds.
So appropriate for the time of year!


I do wish I had a picture of Blythe sitting on bright orange pumpkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment