Friday, August 12, 2016

Friends Outdoor Movie Night

Since our super fun outdoor movie night in June with cousins, the kids have been begging me to have another movie night, but this time with friends.  The summer is almost over, school starts on Wednesday, and so tonight was the night.  I have been reluctant to do it because I knew it would be a lot of work and I feel like I spoil my kids, but I relented, mostly because I didn't want to hear a lot of whining.  That's frequently why I relent.  But anyway, we invited lots of kids to come over, we popped lots of popcorn, and I vacuumed the floor in case anyone over 10 came into the house and gasped at the state of things five days before school starts.  This evening the Drakes, Elders, Runias, Morelands, Oylers, Ellen Mason, Maggie Davidson, Blads, and Bushmans came over with blankets and pillows to watch a movie with Brandt and Blythe in the backyard.  We watched Kung Fu Panda 3 while eating the lots of popcorn, candy, and soda.  Most everyone was riveted throughout, and all the adults were quick to whisk children away as soon as the movie was over.  I did sort of indicate that anyone left would have to fend for themselves in the backyard, and I guess everyone took that seriously.  It really was a fun evening, and I will likely be talked into doing it again next year.  Even without the whining.


No comments:

Post a Comment