Saturday, July 19, 2014

Girls Time Away

me, Tysen, Rowan in the car seat, Sharae, Mikayla holding Brick, Sue

Last night I had a getaway with my mom and sisters.  We were able to stay in the condo of some friends of mine in Park City.  We left Friday afternoon, had dinner at Cicero's on Main Street, watched Austenland and played games.  It was an absolute delight.  It was fun to be together, to talk and laugh, and to bond in a way that is impossible with our children around.  When my kids asked why they couldn't come, I told them that it was our time to enjoy each other without being constantly interrupted by little people who needed us.  Blythe promised she would be good, but I left her home anyway.  We did bring along Brick and Rowan, but only because Guy was out of town and Rowan isn't happy with anyone other than his mom.  But they were both good and didn't spoil the party.  This was the first time we have taken the time to be together like this, but we had such a great time, I'm confident it won't be the last.  Thanks Mom and Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment