Monday, February 20, 2012

Talking to Myself

I am a self-talker.  Always have been.  I sometimes find myself narrating what I'm doing, or talking myself through an activity.  I have discovered that all these years of talking to myself have been excellent practice for parenting.  My children never listen to me; they ignore me all the time.  I'm just talking to myself most of the time.

Here is a picture of Blythe.  I have asked her six times, that's right, six times to turn off the TV so we can go pick up Brandt from school.  See how she is hearing everything I say and acting on my kindly phrased request?

It's all just self-talk.


Blythe did look at me when I zoomed in for a close-up, but she didn't move from her spot watching 
Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
She'll listen to them, but not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment