Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary


Sixteen years ago today, Kent and I were married in the Provo Temple.  It was a gloriously beautiful day, sunny and warm for January.  We were able to take pictures outside comfortably, without coats.  The morning of our marriage, I had a breakdown about getting married.  I cried to my mother I was sure Kent didn't love me and that I was making a mistake.  She told me to quit crying or I would have a red nose in all my pictures.  No one wants a red nose in her wedding photos, so I stopped crying.

I did cry when Kent and I were married, but they were happy tears.  Kent has been so good to me and good for me and I am blessed to have him as a partner, friend, and lover.  He helps me be a better me, he is patient and kind.  Kent wants to do good and looks for ways he can serve me, our children, neighbors and strangers.  He has been a most excellent husband.

To celebrate, Kent and I went to the temple to do sealings.  It was wonderful to reflect on our marriage as well as on the sealings of our children.  Four years ago today, Brandt was sealed to us in a sweet ceremony.  We cried happy tears that day too.  I am grateful for the priesthood that has bound us together for eternity. 

After going to the temple, we went to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, Bangkok Grill.  Over massaman curry, Pad Thai, cashew chicken, and Tom Ka Gai (coconut soup), we discussed high points of our marriage and goals for the coming year, best meals we have eaten and best books we have read.  I am certainly happy to celebrate with my dear husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment