Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My very own Handy Manny

I was downstairs this morning working on the dishes.  From upstairs, I heard a crash--the sound of breaking glass!
I called up to Brandt, "What was that?  Did something just break?"
He replied, "Yes."
I went up and found this:
It is the glass door of the entertainment center.  Brandt had very adeptly unscrewed the hinges that hold it in place, and it had crashed to the floor, shattering.  When I asked Brandt what he was doing, he explained,
"I working on my project.  I need to put this door over there, by TV."    
Brandt is very competent with the screwdrivers.  He likes to take things apart, mostly the light switch cover plates.  However, today he was a bit more ambitious.  He stood on the chair for a better angle, so fortunately he was not cut by the glass.  But he did make a mess.  I asked him to ask me to help the next time he was involved in a project, and I suppose I can hope he will do that in the future.  But he said, "I help myself," so perhaps I shouldn't put much confidence in his willingness to involve me in his projects.

1 comment: