Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jace's baptism


Today Brandt's favorite cousin Jace Brinkerhoff was baptized.  It was a sweet experience.  Jace looked so handsome in his white clothing and seemed so pleased to be making this important step.  It is great to have such good examples for our children being set by some of their favorite people.  Cousins Tess, Jace, and Lydia sang "I Know That My Savior Loves Me."  This is a new song that the Primary children have been taught to sing for the Primary program later in the year.  I love it!  It is incredibly tender and when the children sing it, bearing their testimonies through the words, I am so touched.  Brandt has learned it quite well, and I cry every time he sings it.  I am grateful he is learning the gospel and the Primary songs which teach gospel truths so simply and yet profoundly.  

And speaking of singing Primary songs.  In the car on the way home from the baptism, a CD of Primary songs was playing and "Follow the Prophet" was on.  Brandt was singing, "Follow the prophet.  Follow the prophet on his motorcycle."  He didn't elaborate on where we should follow the prophet to as he was on his motorcycle, but I suppose that isn't really important.  He is getting the gist of the song.  

Here is "I Know That My Savior Loves Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment