Friday, April 23, 2010

The Jumper

This morning I was awakened by a strange sound.  In my sleep-haze, I thought it was the washing machine out of kilter, like when you have too many towels in and during the spin cycle they all end up on one side of the bucket.  It was a rhythmic "thump thump thump" that I just couldn't identify.  It wasn't really very loud, but steady and consistent.  After a few minutes (maybe, it is hard to tell when you are just waking up), Kent asked, "Is that Blythe jumping?"

Aha!  It was Blythe.  She loves to jump and has since she was little.  She jumps when she is excited, she jumps when she is happy, and when she is in her bed and awake, she jumps whether she is happy or sad (like when she is having a time-out and needs to be contained).  We heard her through the monitor, but it was soft so not immediately evident it was her.


When I went down to get her up, she was jumping so high her bum was even with the crib railing.  I thought she was going to launch herself out of bed headfirst, swan-diving onto the floor.  I am also somewhat worried she is going to damage the structural integrity of the springs and cause a collapse.  Blythe is so pleasant and cheerful.  I should follow her example and jump on the bed first thing in the morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment