Monday, March 29, 2010

My precious little loves

 
(Cute matching panda t-shirts from Grandpa Barrus who brought them home from Beijing.)
I love these little people.  They are bright, funny, interesting, sweet, occasionally frustrating and frequently really loud.  They are dramatic, kind, and thoughtful of each other.  I love their hugs, their stories, and to watch and listen to what interests them.  I am finding full-time parenting rewarding and challenging and sometimes irritating, but never, ever boring.  I can not imagine my life without these people in it.  I want to hold them, snuggle them, smother them with kisses so they know how much I love them.  Brandt wanted to hide under the bed today, so I climbed under with him.  I was gazing at him, just drinking him in.  I do the same with Blythe.  As I rock her at naptime and as I put her to bed for the night, I just want to squeeze her.

Our brand new niece, Lyla Mae, is in the hospital.  She has a heart defect and it is making it difficult for her to breathe.  We are praying for her immediate recovery and a delay in the surgery that will be necessary to repair her heart.  Although she has only been a part of the family for two weeks, we love her already and want her to get better quickly.  These little children, and all the children in our extended families, have wrapped themselves around our hearts and we treasure every moment we get to be with them.                            
Me with two children on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment