Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter baskets and wheat grass

I recently learned how to sprout wheat to have actual grass for Easter baskets.  
I'm not really a crafty sort of person, but this required little effort for a cute result, so I tried it.
The children were naturally keen on participating in the whole process.
They both helped fill the containers with dirt.


Of the two children, Brandt's attention span lasted longer.  
How could he not be interested in shovels and dirt?  He is a boy, afterall.


They both enthusiastically "planted" the seeds.  

The initial preparation of the Easter containers was several days ago.  
Here is what our containers look like today.  


Brandt was delighted to water them this morning--giving them a good spritz with a spray bottle. 
We are both excited at how quickly they are growing.  
I think they will make a darling centerpiece on the table for Easter, filled with brightly colored eggs--
(a project for later in the week).

2 comments:

  1. They are wonderful! I just killed some helpless hydrengea plants by putting them in the front garden. It's still too cold I guess. Anyway, how do you get the pictures to go so well with your dialogue? when I blog it always sticks the pictures at the top. What is the trick? Happy Easter- Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! They are so cute, we will have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete