Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day

An owl in a tree in the middle of the day

I have been struggling lately and today, Father's Day, I have really, really missed my dad. I needed to be away from the house and thought it would be nice to go up to the cemetery and visit my dad's grave. It was so quiet; I was alone in the cemetery. I sat under the trees next to my dad and an owl flew into the tree above me. An owl! In broad daylight! It was so weird and so amazing. It perched there for a long time, watching me as I watched it. I cried and rested and prayed and came away grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who made our world and all the creatures in it and who knows me, one person in billions of people, and who loves me, and for my earthly father who also loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment