Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Oral Language Festival

Tonight was the Oral Language Festival at school.  Blythe participated last year, but we were in Hawaii when forms to participate were due this year, and I didn't get it turned in.  After we got back, Blythe came home from school one day and told me Lily Lusvardi wanted her to do a poem with her. 

Yeah!  They performed Shel Silverstein's poem "The Meehoo With An Exactlywatt," a very silly poem that begins like a knock knock joke.  They did a great job, though Lily got a bit confused and they missed a few lines.  Blythe last line is, "Go away!" and she jumped in when she sensed that things were derailing.  They were absolutely darling.  Unfortunately, Brandt wanted to be the one to document the performance, and the only picture took was the one below mostly of the ceiling.  Alas. 




This is a picture that Mrs. Fueger posted on Facebook.
It's fun to see some of the other kids, too.


And here's the poem

"The Meehoo With An Exactlywatt"

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Me!
Me who?
That's right!
What's right?
Meehoo!
That's what I want to know!
What's what you want to know?
Me, who?
Yes, exactly!
Exactly what?
Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain!
Exactly what on a chain?
Yes!
Yes what?
No, Exactlywatt!
That's what I want to know!
I told you - Exactlywatt!
Exactly what?
Yes!
Yes what?
Yes, it's with me!
What's with you?
Exactlywatt - that's what's with me.
Me who?
Yes!
Go away!
Knock knock…

No comments:

Post a Comment