Monday, April 11, 2016

Funny Children

Spring is in full bloom.  Everything is beautiful.  The bulbs are up, the flowering trees are glorious, and the lawn if greening up.  Since getting back from our trip, I have felt a need to work in the yard, and today I did some weeding and tree trimming.  I wanted to get rid of some dead branches, and seeing me on a ladder, up the tree, using a saw made Blythe very envious.  She asked if she could help.  I want to encourage helpful inclinations, so I agreed.  She did a bit of sawing before she declared it was "really hard," and went away.  

Well, she didn't really go away.  In fact, she recruited Brandt to come over and help her gather up large branches I was cutting and help her make a fort.  They propped the cut limbs up against the mail box, and then crawled into their lean-to, creating a very imaginative game wherein they were orphan children living all alone in the hut.  I remember playing I was an orphan child when I was their age.  Is that so appealing because you don't have parents to bug you?  But who makes you dinner?  Anyway, they were delighted with their creation and entertained for quite some time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment