Saturday, August 6, 2022

Demolition Derby

Tonight was the Demolition Derby. I got tickets for me and Brandt to go, but then Brandt had a tech thing and Kent and Blythe don't like to go, so I invited Mikayla to be my date. She readily accepted and we joined Eugene and his family for a fantastic evening of smashing and bashing. 

The Demolition Derby cracks me up every year. Something about grown men driving into each other on purpose just makes me laugh and sometimes gasp. Mikayla got pictures! We ate funnel cakes and had raspberry lemonade, enjoyed the high energy level, danced between heats, and had a rollicking good time. 

When we arrived at the fairgrounds, we had a hard time finding a parking spot. Another car pulled up next to other parked car, essentially creating a new spot. As they were staying, I decided we could stay too. Mikayla and I laughed that it was likely we would come out and find the car in the middle of the path out of the parking lot, and sure enough, when we finally made it back to the car, it was completely in the way, right where cars were trying to drive to exit. We laughed and laughed and felt sort of silly for the parking job. 









This is a picture of where we parked.
I am not in the driving path.
In our defense, there were cars next to us and behind us when we parked,
even though it looks like we are just sitting in the middle of the drive-way.

No comments:

Post a Comment