Friday, September 25, 2015

Not So Fun Run

This morning was the annual Fun Run at school.  It's not the children's favorite school activity.  It's known at our house as the "Not So Fun Run."  The kids, especially Brandt, always want me to run with them, and I'm always happy to do that, in spite of the fact that I don't like to run.  At all.  But the route was shorter this year because of the new school construction, so I figured it would be a good year for Brandt and Blythe, especially as there is a long downhill about 2/3 into the race.  I had agreed to watch Brick and Cora this morning while Mikayla went to play soccer, so I had the double stroller and two kids to push up the beginning hill and throughout the race.

It was a beautiful day, not too hot at 9:30 when we started, and I figured it would go well.  Blythe wanted to run with her classmate Maggie and her teacher Mrs. Fueger, so while I saw her and she came and went from me, most of the time I was just with Brandt.  He struggled to keep up with me, even pushing the stroller, and I've decided he likes running just about as much as me.  He loves to bike and ride his scooter, so I'm not super worried about his physical well-being, he just thinks running stinks.  They did both finish, not last, and enjoyed a Popsicle with the rest of the school.  And I congratulated them both for participating.

Not great pictures as I was running, pushing the kids.  Starting pictures and at the end pictures.



The crazy crowd, and this isn't even all of them.  
Imagine 640+ students, their teachers, and lots of parents and strollers all outside 
in a compact area waiting to and then running.
Can you say, "Pandemonium?"

Blythe and Maggie taking a short break in front of Maggie's house.

Maggie, Blythe, and Mrs. Fueger (and another classmate I don't know)

Yeah!
It's over!




No comments:

Post a Comment