Sunday, September 27, 2015

Blood Moon

We stayed up late to watch the complete lunar eclipse, a blood moon that was beautiful.  We encountered John and Nancy Crawley as we were getting ready to set up, and John gave me excellent pointers on camera work (none of which I understood) while Kent and Nancy visited.  Blythe was also very engaging, providing snacks (a bowl full of cashews, raisins, cereal, graham crackers, and some random candies) and witty dialog that made Nancy laugh.  At some point in the evening, Blythe asked Nancy how old she was.  When Nancy replied, "51," Blythe said, "Wow! You look like you're in your 30s."  Where does she get this stuff?  The kids were up a bit late--we came in about 9:15--but they were very cooperative about getting ready for bed, and we all had a great time watching the moon's progression across the sky in the middle of Rock Canyon.  I didn't really get any great pictures, but considering that I wanted photographic evidence we saw it, I did get something adequate.  And sometimes adequate just has to suffice.

The best of the not so great.

Moon watchers, including John and Nancy Crawley, 
our neighbors three doors down.
Brandt said, "I think I had my eyes shut."
Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment