Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Choir Concert

Isabella had a choir concert this evening, the theme of which was "How can I keep from singing?" I ask myself that all the time. It was a combined concert with the Centennial choirs and Isabella told me how excited she was to see the Centennial choir teacher, Ms. Williams. Sorella Voce sang several songs: "Hlohonolofatsa," "Lullaby," "Bring me little water Sylvia," and "A Jubilant Song" with the Aria choir. At the end of the program, all the choirs from Timpview and Centennial sang "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." It was impressive! 

At the end of the program was this quote by Paul Winter: "Music is an expression of sound that reflects the beauty of life." I completely agree with this sentiment. I am often moved by music in unique ways and love to be a participant in creating beautiful sound through singing. I probably should have been a choir teacher.

No pictures were taken at this concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment