Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween

Now that I work and the kids are older, Halloween has lost some of the fun. I don't decorate the house like I used to, even though Blythe would like me to. It's too much work and takes too much time. The kids don't dress up or trick-or-treat, so I'm largely involved with Mikayla's children if I do anything. 

This year, in an effort to get with the holiday, I went to worked as milk and cookies. Mikayla and Guy went as milk and cookies to a Halloween party thrown by friends, and Mikayla generously let me use the cardboard milk and cloth cookies she had. I pinned the cookies to my back and had the milk hanging in the front. It was something of an inconvenient bother and by early afternoon, I had taken both off and left everything by my desk. No one else had dressed up at work. Party poopers.

Our neighborhood is big into Halloween and for the hot dog party hosted by Nelson and Hilary Davis, we normally make homemade root beer. It's hard to do that when I work, so I bought all the ingredients and asked Mikayla if she would make it. She did, so all I had to do was deliver. When I made it over to the Davis', I found the root beer to be as delicious as homemade root beer always is.

Kent cooked hotdogs with Mike Phillips all night. He visited with all the neighbors who passed by, and I warmly greeted all the neighbors with children who knocked on the door while trick-or-treating. It wasn't too cold so the whole evening was much more nice than spooky. 

 The only picture I took all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment